Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WEEKLY MEMORY VERSES



I have been memorizing scripture weekly since the beginning of 2011. I have a mentor who told me that the thing that has impacted his spiritual walk the greatest is scripture memory. I decided to take him at his word and try it out. We started with one verse... Week after week. We are now at 36 verses!

I never thought I could have memorized so many verses. Honestly, it has changed my life. I have God's holy word written on my heart. God has worked in my life and reminds me of His great attributes. In my conversations and in the times I lead worship, God's promises leap from my mouth.

Also, I want to encourage you... Challenge you even... Spend time memorizing God's word. He holds His word even higher than His name. His word is powerful. Having his word IN you will change you from the inside out.

I will be sharing these verses with you every week... I know you'll be encouraged. Will you memorize them with me? A verse I just recently memorized and is an awesome promise:

"He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him freely give us all things?" Romans 8:32

God's promises are great! Don't you want to know them?!

-- Jimmy


0 comments: